Skip to main content

Scilly Inspiration

I had such a fantastic time on the islands this year, it still feels like a lovely dream! But, in between the reminiscing, I've been busy turning my gathered inspiration into a few new pieces for the autumn/winter season and upcoming Christmas craft markets. Here is a sneak preview of my lovely new wire knit brooches:

A fishy one, naturally!

I love the gorgeous peacock colours in this one - perfect for the autumn/winter season with lots of rich shades and a bit of lustre for the party season.

And something Christmassy!

All these and more will soon be appearing on Etsy and wil be available to purchase at the Christmas craft markets that I will be attending this year.

30th October 2011 - Flare Christmas Craft Market, 11 - 4pm at The Chapel, The Cemetery, York
6th November 2011 - Flare Christmas Craft Market, The Tithe Barn, Church Lane, Nether Poppleton
19th November 2011 - Coxwold Christmas Craft Fair, 10 - 4pm Coxwold Village Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customise your own!

Inspired: Scilly have just introduced an exciting new element to their wire-knit range! Customers can now design their own wire-knit ring. Make your purchase as usual. You'll then be directed back to the same page where you fill in a form of choices. Choose the colour of the wire, seed beads and a focal/feature bead! Click here to have a look at the colour options on offer (we'll be expanding these in the near future). Some of our favourite ideas are a 'Be a Little Shellfish' ring to match the bracelet of the same name ( example pictured above ) or a Jetsam ring, again matching our Jetsam bracelet . Have fun getting creative!

Scilly Crafts

We thought it was time we showed you a few of our favourite arty things. The first is this great new blog of handmade Scillonian work, some of which is available to purchase from the artists' websites. Check out http://www.phoenixcrafts.co.uk/blog.html and be dazzled by sparkling stained glass, stunning seascapes and perfect prints.

Time flies!

Oops! I can't believe it's a year since I posted on this blog! I was just thinking about my holiday memories from this year's trip to Scilly and logged on to post a few pics only to find myself looking at those from last year... Still, it's great to be reminded of that holiday too! This year we were lucky enough to see the Red Arrows for the first time flying over the islands at the first Islands Regatta... Another first was seeing the new Pot Buoys Gallery (formerly the Bulb Shop) on St Agnes and getting to meet the lovely Emma who took over from Mandy Pearce. Emma has done an amazing job in revamping the shop into a gorgeous gallery and I'm very proud to have my jewellery there amongst so many talented artists and makers. Here are a few photos to give you a taste of the new gallery. So many gorgeous things to buy! My jewellery is hanging in the window in that lovely bauble! Emma is a very talented artist herself (you can buy her...