Skip to main content

Time flies!


Oops! I can't believe it's a year since I posted on this blog! I was just thinking about my holiday memories from this year's trip to Scilly and logged on to post a few pics only to find myself looking at those from last year... Still, it's great to be reminded of that holiday too!

This year we were lucky enough to see the Red Arrows for the first time flying over the islands at the first Islands Regatta...




Another first was seeing the new Pot Buoys Gallery (formerly the Bulb Shop) on St Agnes and getting to meet the lovely Emma who took over from Mandy Pearce. Emma has done an amazing job in revamping the shop into a gorgeous gallery and I'm very proud to have my jewellery there amongst so many talented artists and makers. Here are a few photos to give you a taste of the new gallery.



So many gorgeous things to buy!



My jewellery is hanging in the window in that lovely bauble! Emma is a very talented artist herself (you can buy her work at the gallery) and it really shows in how beautifully everything has been displayed! 

Below: Just a couple of the items I sell at Pot Buoys:


Crystal Starfish earrings (other colours available)


Handmade mesh wire brooches 


Hand woven wire, crystal and pearl bracelets

Don't forget to pop into the gallery when you visit Scilly. Alternatively my pieces can be purchased by emailing inspiredscilly@hotmail.co.uk or at www.etsy.com/shop/inspiredscilly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early for Xmas, Late for.. everything else!

Another horribly overdue post for this blog...! I guess I was reminded by the fact that I'm already busy making for Christmas craft fairs so, before I forget, here are the events we're going to be exhibiting at this year: 24th October - 23rd November:  Just Makers Christmas Crafts in the Bath House at RHS Harlow Carr. 18th - 19th November: York Christmas Fair at Skelton Garden Centre. 2nd December: Christmas Fair at Tithe Barn, Nether Poppleton, York. Our work also continues to be available at Just Makers in the Castle Courtyard at Ripley and at Pot Buoys Gallery on St Agnes, Isles of Scilly where our Christmas tree earrings will be a new addition this year. You can also purchase direct via www.etsy.com/shop/inspiredscilly or by messaging via Facebook at www.facebook.com/inspiredscilly .

Aquamarine Dream

Have you seen the latest knit wire bracelet from Inspired: Scilly? With a new wire colour for the summer season, this gorgeous aquamarine knit wire cuff is a surefire way to bring the beach to you. It is inspired by the crystal clear waters surrounding the Isles of Scilly and is encrusted with petrol blue pearls and sparkling Swarovski crystal bicones in sea-washed shades of pacific opal, sand opal, black diamond and light azore, reflecting the organic colours of rock, sand, sea and sky...

The Alien has Landed!

It's not quite finished but here is my completely crazy felt creation (from a previous post entitled 'Is that an alien on your head'.. in hat form. I need some nice matching felt to go on the underside to finish it off but I'm quite pleased so far. Now to find someone who would wear it! That could be trickier!! My favourite bit has to be the 'dreads' (an unusual alternative to feathers I think you'll agree) and beads - I guess it all looks a bit like seaweed in the water. It's hard to make out from the pic but there are some lovely coral and blue sparkly threads in the middle. (materials courtesy of my Mum with blue sewing thread from www.alteredelement.co.uk )