Skip to main content

Design Your Own and Odd Creations!


Have just spent the Easter weekend doing some felting and am very pleased with my latest creation which is a little different! I think I'm going to use it to cover a hat base but it's a blue and green sea-themed creation with sticky-up bits of 'seaweed' on it which look a little like dreadlocks! Sounds bizarre doesn't it? Think I need to get a picture on here! Coming soon....!

In the meantime, my Scilly scented narcissi are almost all out and smell gorgeous! At the weekend I had a walk in a beautiful daffodil wood which really was a sight to behold and I'm a bit chuffed that several plants I thought I'd lost during our long winter have come back anew. So, since it's all looking a bit flowery, I've put a picture of my floral pearl hair vine here. I've got a similar tiara on www.inspiredscilly.weebly.com which is the basis of a 'design your own' feature. Hopefully this is going to be a fun new idea!

Comments

  1. Re location: you too! it's a small world isn't it? Do you get up to many craft fairs or things in the area. I haven't tried any, I'm too much of a wuss!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Customise your own!

Inspired: Scilly have just introduced an exciting new element to their wire-knit range! Customers can now design their own wire-knit ring. Make your purchase as usual. You'll then be directed back to the same page where you fill in a form of choices. Choose the colour of the wire, seed beads and a focal/feature bead! Click here to have a look at the colour options on offer (we'll be expanding these in the near future). Some of our favourite ideas are a 'Be a Little Shellfish' ring to match the bracelet of the same name ( example pictured above ) or a Jetsam ring, again matching our Jetsam bracelet . Have fun getting creative!

Time flies!

Oops! I can't believe it's a year since I posted on this blog! I was just thinking about my holiday memories from this year's trip to Scilly and logged on to post a few pics only to find myself looking at those from last year... Still, it's great to be reminded of that holiday too! This year we were lucky enough to see the Red Arrows for the first time flying over the islands at the first Islands Regatta... Another first was seeing the new Pot Buoys Gallery (formerly the Bulb Shop) on St Agnes and getting to meet the lovely Emma who took over from Mandy Pearce. Emma has done an amazing job in revamping the shop into a gorgeous gallery and I'm very proud to have my jewellery there amongst so many talented artists and makers. Here are a few photos to give you a taste of the new gallery. So many gorgeous things to buy! My jewellery is hanging in the window in that lovely bauble! Emma is a very talented artist herself (you can buy her...

Scilly Crafts

We thought it was time we showed you a few of our favourite arty things. The first is this great new blog of handmade Scillonian work, some of which is available to purchase from the artists' websites. Check out http://www.phoenixcrafts.co.uk/blog.html and be dazzled by sparkling stained glass, stunning seascapes and perfect prints.